Humanity’s one among the biggest crisis: COVID-19, where millions are suffering. Almost every country has been affected by the devastating Coronavirus disease. To date, over 1.5 million people had been affected by COVID-19 and about 80,000 people had died worldwide. Indirectly, billions of people have been suffering from the impact of the global pandemic. NEEDS has reached out to 55000 poorest of the poor rural households in remotest tribal villages of Deoghar, West Singhbhum and Khunti in Jharkhand for COVID 19 relief work.
NEEDS has been undertaking following Covid-19 specific interventions, broadly:
- NEEDS has been appointed as Mother NGO to coordinate and support Government and coordinate with other CSOs for collective actions.
- Capacity building of 530 health frontline workers on preventing unwanted pregnancy, domestic violence, sexual harassment, human trafficking and child marriages.
- 6 child marriages were prevented during the lockdown.
- Built the capacities of 22 other grassroots NGOs and CBOs to extend Covid-19 relief works.
- 40-ton watermelon in the local market from 19 panchayats of Palojori block was sold providing direct linkage to the market.
- 605 pregnant women have been provided with safety and hygiene kits, PPE and nutritional supplements.
- 480 rural households have been provided with one-month food package (ration).
- 600 community kitchens run by the local women SHGs have been supported by our volunteers for food distribution (cooled meal) to 24000 households.
- We are supporting the local body and administration in livelihoods planning under MNREGA customised to the emerging Covid-19 scenario in 1900 villages for addressing the urgency of “immediate incomes” for the rural poor, especially the landless.
- Menstrual Health: awareness session with 5600 girls and pad distribution to 300 girls.
- Awareness through IEC materials and ITC technologies and training of extension workers through video clipping, Zoom, Skype, 388 IVRS messages, videos and voice messages.
NEEDS, House Plot# 275, Near Charki Pahari, Tapovan Road, PO.- Ashram Karnibad, Deoghar, Jharkhand, India, PIN- 814143
Call- +91 9334450368 [10.00 - 18.00 IST]