Who We Are
Established in late 1998 as trust, NEEDS [Network for Enterprise Enhancement and Development Support] have started intervention in selected poverty-stricken pockets of Bihar and Jharkhand. From our Trust, we brought about a significant change in the lives of women and children in terms of food security, livelihood, Reproductive health and hygiene and child development and protection outcome besides the constitution and strengthening various institutional arrangements for sustainability. One of our important focuses is institutional arrangements in self-help collectives and their skill-building while creating a shared vision for change.
- Network for Enterprise Enhancement and Development Support [NEEDS] is a not for profit organization registered under Indian trust act 1882 vide trust and the registration number is SL#3017 D#IV175 dated 07/11/1998.
- NEEDS is registered u/s 12A of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
- NEEDS is registered u/s 80G (5) (vi) of the Income Tax Act 1961.
- NEEDS is registered under section 4(1) (b) of the Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act, 1976 (FCRA Reg. No. 337680017).
- The Unique Id of VO/NGO is JH/2009/0018890.
- NEEDS is registered with NGO Give India.
- The first accredited NGO in India for desirable norms of good governance and transparency as endorsed by the Planning Commission and Credibility Alliance.
- NEEDS has received the India NGO Award 2012-13 for the impact that has been created in the life of its clients/ community by NEEDS program.
- NEEDS has received India NGO Award 2009.
- NEEDS has been awarded the India NGO award 2009 and India NGO award 2013 by resource alliance and Rockfield Foundation/UK for transparency, good Governance and impact of its work on the community.
- NEEDS have also had been finalist South Asia mBillionth Award 2011 for its use and innovations of mobile technology in the health sector.
Secure sustainable livelihood and well-being of households living under poverty and “graduate them to the next level of the development paradigm” while ensuring an enabling environment for sustained growth, gender justice, and human rights.
Create value-based communities of dignified and informed citizens, comprising the erstwhile marginalized and the oppressed from the perennially underserved regions in place with pride.
Integrity | Respect | Commitment | Learning | Perseverance | Self Governing | In the News
- 30+ staffs from eminent professional educational institution
- 250+ local staffs professionally trained
- 500+ community youth leaders as volunteers
- First accredited NGO in India for desirable Norms of Good Governance & Transparency as endorsed by Planning Commission & Credibility Alliance in 2008
- President Award for “Nirmal Gram Panchayat” in 2008
- India NGO award 2009 for Best NGO in Medium Category for Eastern India
- Winner of India NGO award 2013 for Good Governance, Transparency & Impact in the life of the community
- South Asia mBillionth Award 2011 for mHealth innovation for Mobile For Mother project
- Finalist of WIN [Women & Innovation for Mobile] Award for Mobile For Mother project
- Leading Change Maker Award 2015, powered by NASSCOM & Vodafone Foundation
- Chanakya Award in 13th Bihar Award 2013 under Best NGO category
Theory of Change & Strategy
Households of Jharkhand and Bihar living in poverty are mobilized in collectives and their knowledge and skills are enhanced, including of imparting new skills, their ability to access resources gets enhanced, resulting in Exit from Poverty
- This helps in visioning towards quality of life and developing the necessary human, social, and economic capital i.e. livelihood, education, health and hygiene outcomes while addressing gender issues.
- While building human, social and economic capital, NEEDS consciously focuses on gender and entitlements of its program participants.
- Generating awareness, building capacity and establishing linkages are the basic program strategies of NEEDS program intervention.
- The innovative models of NEEDS includes its ultra poor initiatives, e.g. mHealth applications, menEngage interventions and G3 model of girl child empowerment, 360 degree approach to remove child marriage, Anandshala- innovative model for quality education, Lakhpati Kisan.
NEEDS, House Plot# 275, Near Charki Pahari, Tapovan Road, PO.- Ashram Karnibad, Deoghar, Jharkhand, India, PIN- 814143
Call- +91 7544008353 [10.00 - 18.00 IST]